IF you are fed up of the festive fare of television Christmas specials and granny monopolising the Monopoly board and cheating at charades, why not take a few minutes to show off about just how well you know Abergavenny and what’s happened in the town over the past year by trying your hand at our unseasonably tricky Christmas quiz.
Each day over the holiday we’ll be putting a new set of questions online along with the answers of the previous day’s puzzlers.
Today test your knowledge of current affairs with a set of questions about our local and national politicians who made the headlines in Abergavenny this year - good luck!
1. How did Monmouthshire vote in the June referendum on membership of the EU?
2. Who the Monmouth seat in May’s Assembly election?
3. Who became the Mayor of Abergavenny in June?
4. After years of wrangling when is Abergavenny’s controversial Morrisons store due to open?
5. Where did Monmouth MP David Davies go to film a documentary for S4C?
6. What will Abergavenny’s Market Hall get if a controversial re-design goes ahead?
7. What did Councillor John Prosser call on the public to monitor during 2016?
8. What two charities did former Abergavenny mayor, Councillor Maureen Powell support during her year of office?
9. What was Welsh Lib Dem leader Kirsty Williams’ first act after romping to victory in her Brecon and Radnorshire seat?
10. How much did Abergavenny Town Council donated to the National Eisteddfod
Check tomorrow’s quiz for the answers to today’s questions.
The answers to yesterday’s quiz -
Two silver medals
Will Young…tennis balls
The window at St Mary’s dedicated to Canon Jeremy Winstone
CommentsTo leave a comment you need to create an account. |