PENRHYNCOCH produced a five-star performance as they stormed into the final of the HGF Cymru Alliance Cup with a convincing victory over Halkyn United at Ruthin last weekend, writes Adam Hughes. The Cae Baker men cast aside their league struggles to turn on the style as they ended the challenge of their in-form opposition and set up a final showdown with Bala Town. Bolstered by Aberystwyth first teamers Luke Sherbon and Gari Lewis, Penrhyn proved too strong for Halkyn as they took control from the start to claim a fine victory. This was a superb team performance by the Ceredigion side, with Alliance regulars such as Richard Thomas and Huw Jones in midfield and Jason Rees up front playing pivotal roles in this victory. Penrhyn manager Carwyn Jenkins, who admitted that he had even considered throwing in the towel after his side's hammering at Llandudno Town just seven days earlier, was delighted by the result. Jenkins, who was assisted on the sidelines last weekend by experienced Aberystwyth Youth team manager Ken March, confirmed that he will continue at the helm for least until the end of the season. "We had produced our worst performance of the season the previous week and quitting had crossed by mind," revealed Jenkins, "Contrary to rumours, I have not decided to quit. "After such a disappointing display at Llandudno, we produced our best performance of the season, and dominated the game from start to finish. We totally deserved to win it. "We have still got to improve on our current league position, but the cup final will also give us something to look forward to, hopefully we can finish the season on a positive note." Penrhyn, who travel to Bala for a dress-rehearsal in the league tonight (Wednesday), proved too strong for a Halkyn side that started the game on the back of a promising run. The experienced Gari Lewis linked up well with talented youngster Richard Thomas in the middle of the park while Huw Jones and Andy Carree were a threat on the flanks. Talented youngster Luke Sherbon also formed a fine partnership with the impressive Jason Rees up front, as Penrhyn pushed forward with plenty of purpose during an encouraging opening period. It took them until five minutes before the break to open the scoring as Carree lobbed the ball home from 30 yards after the keeper failed to clear, under pressure from Rees. The goal spurred on the Cae Baker men and they managed to extend the lead five minutes after the break as young striker Rees headed home a Marc Gornall corner from six yards. Halkyn came fighting back but, despite hitting the woodwork, they failed to seriously test keeper Toby Spain and Penrhyn delivered the killer blow by scoring their crucial third goal on the hour. A good move down the left side saw Sherbon cross the ball for Jones to tap into the net, and a solid defensive display at the other end ensured there was no way back for Halkyn. Penrhyn twice sprung the offside trap to score two further late goals, both expertly dispatched by Sherbon, as they marched on into the final. PENRHYN: Spain, Egan, Gornall (Middleton 55), Hughes, March, Jones (Hughes 65), Carree, Thomas, Lewis (Griffiths 65), Rees, Sherbon.